Resources and Links
The following links are presented as a resource, but do not necessarily mean endorsement by SVPGC.
Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB)
"FASB" is the organization that sets official accounting standards.
The new, friendlier IRS has an extensive home on the Web that is loaded with information, including sections on tax information for businesses, tax help and education and an area for downloading tax forms in PCL or PostScript.
LEAVE A LEGACY®
The national LEAVE A LEGACY® site, sponsored by the
Partnership for Philanthropic Planning, includes information about and links to LEAVE A LEGACY® programs across the nation.
- National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy
A committee devoted to expanding the horizons of philanthropy to the less wealthy to create a more democratic society.
PPP Government Relations
Includes a monthly newsletter on legislative and regulatory affairs.
- New Tithing
Claude Rosenberg, author of "Wealthy and Wise," provides an on-line calculator to demonstrate how much an individual could afford to give.
- Thomas Legislative Information
Track legislation, the Congressional record and all manner of goings on in Washington at this Web site of the Library of Congress.
American Philanthropy Review published by Steven Nill, 30021 Tomas Street, Suite 300, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688. Tel: 714-589-5938
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy by the Chronicle of Higher Education, Inc., 1255 23rd Street, N.W., Washington D.C. 20037.
The Journal of Gift Planning by the
Partnership for Philanthropic Planning, 233 McCrea, Suite 400, Indianapolis, IN 46225. Tel: 317-269-6274
- The Philanthropy Journal Online by the Philanthropy News Network, 5 West Hargett Street, Suite 805, Raleigh, NC 27601
Planned Gifts Counselor published by Practical Publishing, LLC, P.O. Box 970367, Orem, UT 84097. Tel: 877-PGC-0499
- Planned Giving Today edited and published by G. Roger Schoenhals, 100 2nd Avenue South, Suite 180, Edmonds, Washington 98020. Tel: 800-525-5748
Taxwise Giving by Conrad Teitell, 13 Arcadia Road, Old Greenwich, CT 06870. Tel: 203-637-4553
Wiley Non-Profit Resource Center published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 605 3rd Avenue, New York, NY 10158-0012. Tel: 212-850-6000
- Silicon Valley Community Foundation is now licensed to issue charitable gift annuities. Along with their fund advisors and donors, they are eager to partner with California nonprofits to issue gift annuities to their supporters.
View Program Details
- Comerica Legacy Foundation, California nonprofit corporation, is licensed by the State of California to issue charitable gift annuity contracts. Some features of Gift Annuities offered through the Comerica Legacy Foundation include: 1 or 2 lifetimes; ACGA Rates; Minimum age of 60; Minimum $10,000 gift. It is the Comerica Legacy Foundation's policy to distribute 100% of the residual to the charity of the donor's choice. Contact the Comerica Charitable Services Group at (877) 405-1091 to learn more.
- Planned Giving Resources
General planned giving consulting featuring a wealth of information about gift annuities
- Robert F. Sharpe & Co.
Provider of planned giving marketing materials and consulting
- Taxwise Giving
Provider of Conrad Teitell's planned giving materials and educational seminars
- The Stelter Co.
Planned giving marketing programs and materials as well as education and training